BuTech medium pressure valves and fittings have achieved Product Design Assessment (PDA) certification through the American Bureau of Shipping’s (ABS) Type Approval program. This approval is good for tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 categories.
The certificate is good for all the rules that are applicable to fittings and valves. Applicable rules are as follows (as noted on certificate):
- ABS Rules for Conditions of Classification, Part 1 – 2015 Offshore Units and Structures 1-1-4/9.7, 1-1-A2, 1-1-A3, which covers the 2015 Rules for Building and Classing Mobile Offshore Drilling Units [4-2-2/5.9; 4-2-2/9.1.2; 4-2-2/9.5; 4-2-2/11.3&11.5; 6-1-6/3; 6-1-6/5, 6-1-6/5.13].
- ABS Guide for the Classification of Drilling Systems, 5-1/iii), 2012 (Updated February 2014).
- ABS Rules for Building and Classing Offshore Support Vessels, 2015, [4-6-2/5.15 & 5.17; 4-6-2/7.3].
- ABS Rules for Conditions of Classification, Part 1- 2015 Steel Vessels Rules 1-1-4/7.7, 1-1-A3, 1-1-A4,which covers [4-6-2/7.3] of the 2015 Rules for Building and Classing Steel Vessel.
- ABS Steel Vessels Rules Under 90 Meters (295 Feet) in Length, (2015), [4-4-2/13.7].